A high-quality careers provision is essential in today’s complex and changing employment market. Careers education and guidance play a vital role in Craigavon Senior High School to ensure that the pupils make the smooth transition from school to further education and employment.
Mrs Davidson is able to provide impartial advice and up to date information to help pupils make informed decisions about the career that best suits them.
Aims of the Careers Department
The overall aim of the Careers Department is to provide an effective careers education and guidance programme to enable our pupils to manage their own career development successfully, by helping them acquire the skills, attitudes and abilities they will need to chart their path through life with confidence and to be effective in a variety of adult roles.
In support of this overall aim, there are 5 strategic objectives for our careers education and guidance programme; helping pupils to develop:
- Knowledge and understanding of themselves as individuals - their strengths, skills, personal qualities, interests, attainments and capabilities;
- Awareness and understanding of the world of work and of the career and learning opportunities available to them in terms of further/higher education, training and employment;
- Career planning and decision making skills in order to manage transition from school to SRC/6th form provision/workplace
- The skills and personal qualities necessary to gain admission onto further education courses and employment
- Confidence and independence in terms of managing their career.
If you require any furtherguidance about Craigavon Senior High School Careers Service, please click on the link provided What Next or for details on how to apply for SRC courses please click on the link SRC Application
For furhter information or advice contact
Mrs Davidson (Head of Careers) via firstname.lastname@example.org